Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Word, A Dream, and An Interpretation



August 27, 2015

Dream:
     I was taken to the church I attended while growing up. As we got close to the church we crossed a street and I knew it was called State Street. After arriving at the destination, I found myself inside the church auditorium where a wedding was about to take place. Many people were already there and more guests continued to arrive. My attention was drawn to the bride and groom, neither of whom I knew. They were seated next to each other on a bench. I contemplated for quite some time why they were getting married. I knew they didn’t belong together and could not fathom why they would enter into a marriage together. I was not seated as a guest, but was walking around as an observer. Prominent church members were among the guests who continued to pile in. As I walked across the front of the auditorium, a man, to whom I was once joined, came in the back and yelled out to me “Honey”. I didn’t even bother looking at him, but walked out of the auditorium and entered another room. I was not interested in watching the wedding ceremony as I was feeling very distressed about what was taking place. The room I entered was full of my peers I had attended school and church with. I went to the front of the room and began weeping and pleading with them to stop the unholy unions that were taking place among them. Before I even started talking, about half of the people in the room got up and left. As I began pleading with them and sharing the consequences of the unholy union I had once been in, another large amount of my peers got up and walked out. Very few stayed and came close to listen to what I was saying. Some of these people seemed to understand what was being said and even agreed a bit, others were just curious. As I was nearly finished with what I was saying, one woman named Rachel began to speak over me and told me that her husband was a drunkard and an abuser. When she said this, I knew she needed to leave him, but then she explained why it was necessary that she stay with him. She piled on excuse after excuse and I realized that she had no intention of leaving him. This saddened me deeply. By the time this woman was finished pouring out her excuses, everyone had left the room. She then turned and followed everyone else out the door.

Interpretation as revealed by the Spirit of God:

        Crossing State street to enter into the church signified that what I was about to observe is the state or condition of many that are in the assemblies. The fact that the bride and groom were seated together before the wedding symbolizes that they had intimacy outside of marriage, and the ceremony was just a formality. This in itself is out of God’s order. The knowledge given me that the bride and groom did not belong together represents the unholy unions taking place within the church, just as Solomon joined himself to many foreign wives who turned his heart away from the Lord, and as Ahab married Jezebel, joining himself to that which was unclean. Those attending the wedding as guests, especially those prominent church members who hold offices and positions, symbolize those church members and leaders who enable and encourage these unholy unions, as many themselves are in ungodly unions. The man that I was once joined to, the Lord used to symbolize those that are unclean, yet fully accepted as clean by the church. The peers in the side room represent different types of people within the church. Many refused to hear the truth at all. Some listened for a little bit, but rejected it. Few listened, and even agreed, but made excuses for staying attached to what was unclean, thereby remaining in sin. The woman who came and talked with me was named Rachel. Rachel means: ewe, female sheep. Jesus is the Good Shepherd and those who belong to Him are His sheep. As a woman in the Bible usually typifies the soul, Rachel symbolizes those who belong to Yeshua but have not allowed their souls to be regenerated. Because of this, they make excuses for that which is ungodly and remain shackled to it.

Word from the Lord:

My daughter,
     “So many of My children have established themselves in these unions, signing covenants with those that are unclean. I offer them a way out, but few respond with “Yes, Lord”. They would rather make excuses for their predicaments and remain bonded to that which is ungodly. Rather than turn away from that which is unclean, they reject Me and the freedom which I offer them by choosing to wallow with the pigs in their filth.

     These unions I have come to judge. Many casualties will be made, but daughter, what choice is there? Those who choose to remain in bondage will do so, but will fall by the sword. Those who choose to accept that which I offer will be shown the way I have chosen for them to come out, but this will not just happen. It is a choice that each one must make. Will they choose to come out from among them and live set apart unto Me? Or will they choose to stay in the dirt and grime that they have grown accustomed to?

    It’s time to choose, says the Lord. My people, Touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you unto Myself, says the Lord of Hosts! I Am come to judge these things.”

Yahweh, Lord of Hosts

Obediently, I also share the following:

            As I pondered the dream, interpretation, and the word, what came to mind was Ezra chapters 9 and 10. These chapters contain the account of the captives who came back to Israel but had intermarried while in Babylonian captivity. Back in Deuteronomy 7: 3-4, God commanded “Nor shall you make marriages with them, you shall not give your daughter to their son, nor take their daughter for your son. For they will turn your sons away from following Me, to serve other gods; so the anger of the Lord will be aroused against you and destroy you suddenly.” So when Ezra and the people of Israel came back to their land from Babylon, they had to acknowledge their sin, turn away from it, and come back to the Lord. Ezra 10: 2-3 says, “And Shechaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, spoke up and said to Ezra, “We have trespassed against our God, and have taken pagan wives from the people of the land; yet now there is hope in Israel in spite of this. Now therefore, let us make a covenant with our God to put away all these wives and those who have been born to them, according to the advice of my master and of those who tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.” Paul admonished the believers in 2 Corinthians 6:14 & 17, “Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?” “Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch that which is unclean, and I will receive you.” My prayer is that as God reveals to each of us that which is unclean to which we have joined ourselves, we will not harden our hearts, but will respond with a “Yes, Lord”, and come out from the midst of that which is unclean.

2 Corinthians 6: 14-18 & 7:1, Romans 12: 1-2, Proverbs 5, Proverbs 7, Revelation 2: 18-29, Exodus 34: 12-17, Deuteronomy 7: 1-6, Nehemiah 13: 23-27, Ezra 10: 1-11, Leviticus 15: 11-24, Joshua 24:15, Matthew 10: 34-39, Luke 14:26, Ezekiel 20: 33-44, John 10: 1-4, Luke 15: 11-24, 1 Kings 11: 1-11, 1 Kings 16: 30-33

No comments:

Post a Comment