Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Take Up Thy Cross





June 26,2015

As I prepared for prayer this morning, the song 'Take Up Thy Cross and Follow Me' began playing in my spirit. I looked up the words to this beautiful hymn, and I will share them here.

                                  
                                               Take Up Thy Cross and Follow Me

I walked one day along a country road, and there a stranger journeyed, too, Bent low beneath the burden of His load: it was a cross, a cross I knew.

I cried, “Lord Jesus,” and He spoke my name; I saw His hands all bruised and torn; I stooped to kiss away the marks of shame, the shame for me that He had borne.

“O let me bear Thy cross, dear Lord,” I cried, and lo, a cross for me appeared, The one forgotten I had cast aside, the one, so long, that I had feared.

My cross I’ll carry till the crown appears, the way I journey soon will end Where God Himself shall wipe away all tears, and friend hold fellowship with friend.

Refrain

“Take up thy cross and follow Me.” I hear the blessèd Savior call; How can I make a lesser sacrifice, when Jesus gave His all?


I sang the inspired hymn, then the Lord spoke these words.


"My daughter, write these words this day. There is much you see because I have shown you. There is much you understand as I have opened you heart. There are My lost sheep who have denied the eyes and ears I have desired to give them, for they are afraid of what they may see and hear. This life of comfort, the life of luxury that is taught as part of the gospel is nothing but a farce. "Take no part in it, children!" I have sent My messengers to cry this out, but few, very few have listened. They have grown accustomed to the delightful sounds of the smooth talkers that tickle their ears and satisfy their fancies. The flesh has grown strong and mighty in My lost ones, and runs rampant among their members as they have partaken of all the world has to offer. How can they imagine that I am pleased? How can they call themselves followers of Christ when they do not do the things He did? Was He not an example for those who desire life to follow? The way of the cross leads to life. All other roads lead to sure destruction.

There is a way, children, that seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Is this not written in My Word? But you disregard My words as naught, as void, and you gladly accept man's excuse of the true Gospel for one they have put in its place. Children, it is not so. Without the cross, you will never see the Kingdom of God. Without the removal of your flesh, the denying of yourself, you cannot enter into the place where I dwell. For you have cut Me off by your complete disregard of Me. You have built up so many other things in place of Me, then put My name on it. This is abhorrent! An unacceptable substitute of sacrifice. The only acceptable sacrifice is the one that I have commanded all who desire to enter into My gates- to lay down your life in exchange for Mine. This is all I will accept: a life fully surrendered to Me, to My will for you. Did My Son come and take His life for Himself? No, He came and gave it for you. Now you likewise must come and lay down your life for Me. Only then can you enter in. Only then will what you offer be acceptable; a pleasing aroma to My nostrils instead of the foul stench that I smell now.

Come, My children, I call to you again. Enter in at the straight gate by denying your flesh. Pick up your cross and follow Me. Will you listen? Will you choose to die daily for Me? It is still your choice.

Yahweh Elohim

Isaiah 53:6, Revelation 3:14-22, Matthew 10:5-15, John 10:1-15, Mark 7:7-8, Mark 1:15, Acts 14:22, 1 Corinthians 15:50-52, Matthew 7:13-14, 2 Timothy 4:3, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:1-7, 1 Peter 4:1-2, I John 5:18-21, Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 16:25, Matthew 16:24-26, Luke 9:23, Mark 8:34, Galatians 2:20 & 24, 1 Corinthians 15:31, 1 Peter 2:24, Romans 12:1-2, Ephesians 4:20-24, Luke 14:26, Psalm 44:22, Hebrews 12:1-2, Revelation 12:11, Luke 17:33, 1 John 2:3-4, Matthew 13:13, 2 Corinthians 2:15, Isaiah 3:24-26, Leviticus 10:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment